A career preparatory diversity initiative for undergraduate and graduate students.
SCA and the National Park Service (NPS) are looking for young men and women who are interested in discovering and exploring the many career opportunities available in today’s Park Service. In this unique opportunity, participants will gain valuable work experience as well as access to key leaders within NPS.
The NPS Academy maximizes career opportunities with the Park Service through training and hands-on experiences. Successful candidates will come equipped with enthusiasm, professionalism, and a strong work ethic.
Details vary each year, but the 2014 program structure offers a good sense of what the program entails:
Phase 1:NPS Academy Orientation (Spring Break 2014)
Each member will participate in one of the following week-long orientations held over Spring Break 2014:
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming (Week of March 9th)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee (Week of March 16th)
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska (Week of March 16th)
- National Parks of New York Harbor (Week of March 16th)
Phase 2: Internship (Summer 2014)
Members serve in 12-week paid summer internships tailored to various NPS career tracks.
Phase 3: Outreach (Fall 2014)
Members receive training and develop valuable outreach skills as they promote the program to friends and fellow students on their college campuses.
Phase 4: Career Progression (Ongoing)
Following successful completion of Phases 1-3, participants will have the opportunity to work with mentors, advisors, and supervisors from SCA and NPS to plan next steps in their career path. Apply today at http://thesca.force.com/members. Send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve applied. SCA will guarantee interviews for all qualiﬁed candidates who apply before 12/25/13.
- Applicants must be current college students between 18 and 25 years of age, and US citizens.
- Applicants should be available and interested for ALL phases of NPS Academy.
- All academic majors are welcome.
- Candidates must complete MySCA proﬁle and Intern application (attached Resume highly recommended) at http://thesca.force.com/members.
- Interviews will begin in October and acceptance is on a rolling basis.
- Application deadline is January 18th, 2014, or until program is ﬁlled.
- Contact Recruiting@thesca.org with the subject line “NPS Academy” for questions or to apply.