US Fish & Wildlife Service
Career Discovery Internship Program (CDIP)
SCA has partnered with the US Fish and Wildlife Service to provide over 50 internships for students from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
The program begins May 2014!
- Internships take place in US Fish and Wildlife ﬁeld stations from Alaska to Alabama to Maine.
- Areas of focus include natural resources management, visitor services, and refuge management.
- Internships range from 10-12 weeks over the summer months.
- Members participate in a week-long orientation session to kick off the internship experience.
- Housing or Housing Allowance
- Weekly Living Allowance
- Travel Allowance for travel to and from the site
- Assigned US Fish and Wildlife Service Mentor
- Hands-On Experience
- US Citizen or Legal Resident
- First- or second-year student in college (in academic calendar year 2013-2014)
- Full-time college student (in academic calendar year 2013-2014)
- Available to serve from May to August 2014 in the Southeast, Midwest, Northeast, or Alaska
***Some internship positions in this program do require access to a personal vehicle.***
How to Apply:
This is a career preparatory diversity initiative for ﬁrst- and second-year college students.
- Start your Internship/Corps application with the Student Conservation Association online in MySCA.
- Add the promo code PO-00441391 to your application.
- Contact our recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.543.1700 x1499 with any questions you may have.
Zachary Lee, Horicon NWR
Chelsea Crosby, Sherburne NWR
Savanna Summers, Bon Secour NWR
Jon Whiting, North Mississippi NWR Complex
Erica Forstater, John Heinz NWR
Jane Wong, Long Island NWR Complex
Madilyn Peay, Moosehorn NWR
Sze Wing Yu, Parker River NWR