A Message from SCA Recruiting
Welcome to SCA!
Each year, SCA Recruiters meet with over 160,000 young people around the US to promote opportunities to serve with SCA. None of this would be possible without our strong relationships with faculty and administrators at colleges and universities. Our joint commitment to provide experiential learning and leadership and professional development to men and women just discovering their life path has provided thousands of young people with the opportunity to serve their country and impact that natural world.
On this page, we’ll highlight where we’ve been and ways that you, as professionals at colleges and universities, can continue and elevate that collaboration for the betterment of the young people we both serve.
We look forward to working with you over the coming year!
SCA Recruiting Staff
Student Conservation Association
SCA Recruiting by the numbers
- 160,000 young people reached by SCA Recruiters each year
- 150 schools visited by SCA Recruiters annually
- 25,233 referral contacts on college and university campuses
- 20,500 annual applicants to SCA
- 788 colleges and universities placing students and alumni in SCA’s young adult programs
SCA has a strong commitment to changing the face of conservation leadership in the United States.
Let us share SCA opportunities with your students:
- Classroom Presentations: At SCA our Recruiters travel the country to speak in classes about our opportunities. To see a schedule of locations our recruiters will be visiting this year, check out the Meet a Recruiter page. To have a Recruiter meet with your students in person, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Referrals: Many of candidates say that they heard about SCA from their instructors. So please continue to let them know about our opportunities.
- Recommendations: SCA programs require candidates have at least one completed reference before they can be considered for opportunities. Often times, students will reach out to their instructors for this important component of their application. You’ll receive emails from SCA with a link to the reference form. Once you fill that out, your student is ready to go!
- Highly Recommended Candidates: Work with our Recruiters to identify your best and brightest to participate in our program. Have a student you believe would truly excel in an SCA program? Contact us directly so we can give them the VIP treatment.
Want to bring the SCA experience to your students on campus?
- SCA Events: Each year, SCA hosts Conservation Service Events throughout the US. Events last from a couple of hours to a full day. To host an SCA Conservation Service Event on your campus, contact us at email@example.com
- Alternative Spring Break: Want to provide your students with an opportunity to provide Conservation Service during their Alternative Spring Break? SCA can craft a week-long service event at a picturesque environmental national treasure.
- Experiential Learning: Let us help you craft a continuum of experiential learning for your students from freshman year to graduation. SCA has a breadth and depth of partnerships and program models that can be tailored to fit your school’s needs.
To request SCA promotional materials, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.