How-To: Entering Funding Request in PMIS
Please put the following information into the PMIS system:
- Project Title: Include YIP 2010 and description of the project. (i.e. YIP 2010 - Establish Youth Intake Program, GOGA)
- Reference Number: Use YIP 2010. You must put the work "YIP" in both the "Reference Number" field, at the project level, and the "Funding Component Reference Number (Multi-Purpose)," at the component level.
- Description: The project description section must clearly state how this program will promote diversity by hiring youth directly or through partnership organizations to do work related to the conservation of our natural and cultural resources. (Youth employment positions can serve in interpretation, maintenance, resource management, and the administration and protection divisions in your park.)
- Justification: The project justification should illustrate the need for this program at your site; how the Service will benefit from the youth's work; and the overall youth, community, and societal benefit from this internship.
- Budget: Cost items should be itemized into the funding component field of PMIS. Cost estimate should include: Number of enrollees, Enrollee cost, Staff cost, Supplies and materials, and other costs associated with the direct support of the program.
- Funding Source: Select Youth Intern Program as the eligible funding source.
- Evaluation Criteria:
Sign Up for News & Stories