“Escape Artist” contract guide for farm, foraging, winery and brewery tours in the Pacific Northwest region.
AgriCurean Escapes (the food-, fermentation-, foraging- and farm-touring brand of EverGreen Escapes) is Cascadia's most reputable epicurean tour operator. We specialize in providing authentic and educational local experiences via small group, custom and private half, full and multi-day escapes led by local "Escape Artist" guides who provide our clients with immersion experiences in our mountains, islands, waterways, culture, farms, fare, brew and wine. EverGreen Escapes also designs and hosts adventures and excursions to six continents in the world using the above values and methods. Our demographics primarily include adults aged 35-75 from across the United States and worldwide. We keep our primary base camp in Seattle, WA, with a smaller office in Portland, OR.
AgriCurean Escapes seeks 1-2 contract guides for immediate needs of approximately 1-3 tours per week through at least the end of 2012, primarily based from our main office in Seattle, WA. The right candidate could continue on indefinitely into the future with the possibility of becoming a part-time or full-time guide through our next peak season (April 1 - September 30, 2013).
• Lead or assist a diverse range of half-day, full-day and multi-day tours, retreats and team building programs. Much of the time will be spent working alone with clients.
• Give interpretive commentary about Pacific Northwest region (Cascadia), human history, natural history, and general ecology, as it pertains to food/beverage cultivation, preparation, and service throughout the PNW farm-to-table experience.
• Safely transport clients in luxury Mercedes vans or SUV's and ensuring that clients are picked up and delivered to correct end point on time.
• Provide professional appearance and conduct with all clients, colleagues, and partner organizations.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
• Responsible, independent, creative-thinking, self-starting, charismatic individual
• Able to provide 5-star guest service for individuals from various backgrounds, beliefs and cultures.
• Clean driving record
• Comfortable driving 12-passenger luxury Mercedes vans or SUV's in all conditions (city streets under heavy traffic through winter mountain roads requiring chains to be installed/removed)
• Current, active First Aid & CPR certification
• Leave No Trace Awareness certification, Defensive Driver training, Food Handlers permit and alcohol permit required within first two weeks of hire.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs/18 kg
QUALIFICATIONS – DESIRED (some or all)
• 4-year degree or higher
• minimum 4 years experience as an educator and/or interpretive guide
• experience in restaurant/hospitality industry
• multilingual (especially Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, and/or German)
• sommelier certification/diploma
• brewing experience (home or commercial)
• knowledge of distillation processes and regional spirits
• PNW region-specific knowledge of geography, AVA's, culture, natural & human history, and ecology
• experience in environmental, outdoor, and/or adventure education
• Wilderness First Responder certification a plus
Our base pay is $65/$130/$165 (½ -day/full-day/multi-day per day) with many opportunities for advancement and raises on these rates.
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to both Tyler Davis and Kirt Hodges. No calls, please.
Open until needs are fulfilled.