ADAPTIVE CYCLING PROGRAM TRIP LEADER
(Cycling for People with Disabilities)
10 hours per week/$14 per hour/Saturdays Required
Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program (BORP)
The Adaptive Cycling Program uses handcycles, adapted three-wheelers, tandems and standard bicycles to make cycling possible for people with disabilities. The program includes youth, adults, family members, friends and an active volunteer base. We have a Cycling Center in Berkeley where most of our rides begin.
BORP is seeking a Part Time Trip Leader with leadership skills to lead youth cycling trips and staff our Cycling Center during our open hours. The program assistant works with the Program Coordinator and many volunteers to make cycling accessible, safe, and fun for everyone.
Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program (BORP) is a nonprofit organization providing sports and recreation programs for people with physical disabilities. Our programs serve individuals and families with a wide range of ages and abilities from all over the greater San Francisco Bay Area. BORP has been working to improve the health, independence and social integration of people with disabilities through sports and recreation for the past 30 years.
- Lead cycling trips for youth with disabilities.
- Help participants get set up and comfortable on adaptive cycles.
- Ensure that trips are conducted safely and according to BORP policies.
- Assist with basic adjustment and maintenance of bikes.
- Maintain records and evaluations of trips
- Experience leading and working with youth
- Interest or experience in working with youth with disabilities.
- Passion for cycling and outdoor recreation.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (We can help you get this)
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Required Hours and Pay: 10 hours per week
Saturdays Absolutely Required: 9:00 am – 1:30 pm. (possible extension until 3 pm)
Weekdays: Up to 5 hours midweek, either Tuesday or Thursday Afternoon. Please indicate your weekday availability in your cover letter.
Period of Employment: Start ASAP, 3 month minimum commitment, possibility of employment until 10/30/10 based on performance review.
Email cover letter and resume to Cycling Program Coordinator.
or fax to 510-849-4616.
Phone: Greg at 510-849-4663 ex. 306