POSITION: Boating and Sailing Instructors (Recreation Leader I - Boating) ,Oakland, CA
Organization: Lake Merritt Boating Center
APPLICATIONS Accepted Feb 6 - March 5, 2012. Apply ON-LINE at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/oaklandca/default.cfm
INTERVIEWS SATURDAY MARCH 17th at 150 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 2nd Floor (at Broadway and 15th St) (phone interviews possible with prior arrangements)
Salary: $12.02/hour plus $1.71/hour health and welfare benefit 35-40 hours/week Summer work (mid-June through late August):
Summer Camps (ages 10+) include Muscle-Powered Boating, Paddling Sports, Basic & Intermediate Sailing, Windsurfing, Catamaran, Keelboat, and Racing. Primary responsibilities include implementing classroom and on-water curriculum including boating skills and safety demonstrations and setting up and maintaining equipment. Equipment used includes: small motorboat, Opti, El Toro, Sunfish, JY 15, Laser, Capri 14, Catalina 14, Hobie 16, kayak, canoe, pedal boat, dragonboat, whaleboat, and rowboat.
• 18 years of age
• Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade
• Basic swimming skills
• Outboard motorboat handling experience
• Certification in Basic First Aid & CPR & Powerboat Safety is a plus
Applicants must possess at least one of the following:
• Sailing teaching experience
• Windsurfing teaching experience
• Dragonboat coaching experience
• American Sailing Association or US Sailing Small Boat Instructor Certification
• A fingerprinting background check and pre-employment drug and TB tests are required for this position.
For Questions, contact Sarah Herbelin 510-238-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Oakland is an EEO/ADA Employer.