Trailhead Shuttle Driver
We deliver clients to all reaches of Zion National Park for climbing, hiking, canyoneering, and sightseeing. We shuttle with Mercedes Sprinter Vans, offering optimal comfort and visibility for clients, and enabling you to have the best truck made for passenger transport on and off-road. Much of the driving we do is on bumpy dirt roads. Though our passenger vans are not 4-wheel drive, they handle 95% of the occasions for transport flawlessly, and we do maintain a 4 x 4 Toyota Land Cruiser for transport during adverse weather conditions. Drivers need to be patient, courteous, and conversational with clients. We seek individuals who are both able trailhead drivers AND active canyoneers and hikers who can provide specific, accurate trailhead information for all hiking and canyoneering routes in Zion. Shuttle drivers also receive outfitter training to be able to handle reservations, refunds, and administrative sale duties.
• Single run and back-to-back morning shuttles (6:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.) to Chamberlain’s Ranch upon “opening” of the Narrows. Opening is typically mid- to late May, but depends upon river flow and Park regulations.
• Shuttles to other East- and West-side destinations
• Maintaining the shuttle vehicle for cleanliness, fueling, and informing Maintenance Coordinator of possible problems and needed repairs
• Ability to change flat tires while on trips, possibly along unimproved roads
• Drive courteously, avoiding risks which could harm passengers, vehicles, or the environment
• Facilitate meaningful, helpful, informative, and pleasant conversations with customers
• Educate clients in the principles of minimum-impact Overland travel
• Solve problems with grace and efficiency
• Informing clients for our guided events, Narrows outfitting, and other Zion activities
• Offering expertise on local recreation opportunities and logistics
• Building an impressive knowledge base of the roads, hikes, canyons, and hidden secrets of Zion National Park and the surrounding area on personal time
• Enhance and engage the Overland experience to help make it a viable product for the organization by developing strong relationships with your guests and the environment
Pay rate begins at $14/hour; you are eligible for raises after competency is proven to all trailheads and canyons accesses.
Part- and full-time job positions available with a minimum driver availability of two shuttles per week to qualify. Start dates begin March 1, 2012 and extend into November 2012.
1) Please submit our standard application.
2) Must have a valid, clean driver's license with a commercial taxi endorsement.
Application deadline: February 15, 2012 for positions starting March 1, 2012 and later