The Manager of Environmental Sustainability will be part of the Strategic Assets - Business Affairs Group, and provide overall support on several key environmental sustainability initiatives.
Business Affairs is a multi-functional department with wide-spread accountabilities providing enterprise direction and support around Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and the related issue areas of Community Relations, Health & Wellness and Environmental Stewardship. Other areas of functional involvement include External Affairs, Government Relations and Supplier Diversity.
The Manger of Environmental Sustainability will primarily support ARAMARK’s Global Food, Hospitality & Facilities interests by strengthening environmental acumen across our workforce, and enhancing our ability to meet ARAMARK and our client’s environmental interests. They will do this by acting as an individual contributor, managing the implementation of enterprise-wide programs that support our field and front line employees, communications and marketing departments, and business development teams.
This position will play a central role in managing ARAMARK’s Environmental Internship Program, the development of enterprise-wide environmental tools and trainings, and the engagement of employees in environmental volunteerism. The ideal candidate will have strong environmental knowledge and experience executing initiatives across large and distributed organizations. The ability to understand the complex nature of advancing environmental sustainability in a corporate setting and the ability to communicate effectively across a broad set of stakeholders will be critical. The ideal candidate will have experience managing projects and implementing programs involving many details and timelines.
ARAMARK’s Environmental Internship Program:
- Work closely with program partner, the Student Conservation Association (SCA) to manage internal processes associated with SCA’s management of the recruitment, screening, and interviewing process.
- Manage varied aspects of the program including recruitment, screening, interviewing, on-boarding, training, communications, management, reporting and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain program materials including manager and intern manuals, supporting templates and resources, and website and intranet content.
- Coordinate the intern’s training and orientation program in Philadelphia, involving agenda development, speaker and panel preparations, session development, meeting logistics and budget tracking.
- Support interns during their tenure including providing feedback on monthly reporting, scheduling monthly conference calls, providing guidance and support on as-needed basis.
- Build processes to support and identify career opportunities at ARAMARK; Build alumni network and identify opportunities to continually engage past participants.
- Communicate program results to internal and external stakeholders through reports, presentations, media and online outreach, etc.
- Consult and build relationships with Business Units (BUs), College Relations (CR), Human Resources (HR), Training and Organizational Development (T&OD), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Safety and Risk Control (S&RC), Meeting Services, and other departments to ensure effective implementation of all aspects of the internship program.
Environmental Tools and Training:
- Coalesce and develop operational, marketing and business development tools and resources.
- Coordinate and integrate feedback from internal and external partners to ensure relevancy and value.
- Manage development of instructor led and web-based educational trainings, focusing on content development in partnership with communications and e-learning development teams.
- Support execution and rollout of tools and trainings at pilot locations and across the BUs; Refine tools, resources and content through iterative process.
- Coordinate Earth Day volunteer events in partnership with internal and external partners; Support environmental volunteerism via ARAMARK Star Teams throughout the year.
- Collaborate with colleagues across ARAMARK including Business Units (BUs), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Safety & Risk Control (S&RC), and field and front line employees; manage collaboration forums including conference calls and web-based platforms.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s a plus. Degree(s) related to environmental policy, science, business strongly preferred.
- Experience related to environmental issues, including concrete tactical environmental experience, required. Experience in hospitality or facilities services and/or corporate experience strongly preferred. 4-6 years of professional experience.
- Proven leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build relationships, and ability to lead without formal authority are required.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter, and ability to take calculated initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated time management skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and project management experience are a must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including public speaking) required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
TRAVEL: This position will travel up to 10%.
THE COMPANY: ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In FORTUNE magazine's 2010 list of "World's Most Admired Companies," ARAMARK was ranked number one in its industry, consistently ranking since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has revenues of approximately $12 billion and 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com, or www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Corinne Brydges, Talent Acquisition
1101 Market Street
ARAMARK Tower –23rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 238-6544
Fax: (215) 238-5920
Apply to position: www.aramark.com
Job Number: 70657