Clear Carbon Consulting is currently hiring a GHG Associate.
is a dynamic, fast-growing firm supporting some of the world's largest companies and most innovative organizations. We are helping find solutions to the growing challenge of climate change by designing carbon measurement, management, and monetization programs that save energy and money.
Our staff is our greatest asset. We are passionate about the work we do, the clients we serve, and the impact we make every day.
ClearCarbon has a fast-paced, energetic work environment where creativity and dedication are highly valued. As a boutique firm, our staff members have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and interact directly with clients on a daily basis.
As part of the green jobs revolution, we also employ sustainable practices in our office by paying for employees to take public transportation to work, having recycled office furniture and bamboo floors, actively recycling anything we can get our hands on, and using Energy Star-rated appliances. We also promote environmental causes in our community.
Greenhouse Gas Associate
The position requires zero to three years of working experience in energy and/or GHG issues. Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, engineering, or economics and a strong interest in carbon accounting. Experience can be from internships, consulting, corporate, government, or non-profit positions. Qualified candidates will have a familiarity with the WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol (www.ghgprotocol.org
) and be prepared to contribute the following:
- Contribute to client engagements that focus corporate emissions inventory development, product life-cycle carbon footprints, and other carbon quantification or research efforts;
- Reviewing and manipulating large sums of energy and emissions data using spreadsheet and database applications;
- Develop knowledge of GHG policies and programs at the state, federal, and international level;
- Contribute towards quality control efforts related to products and services in your area of technical expertise;
- Travel to domestic and foreign sites as deemed appropriate by senior managers of the firm
All positions for employment will be located in our Washington, D.C.
metropolitan area offices.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to jobs(at)clearcarboninc.com