Deadline: August 26, 2011
The Program Coordinator manages Alliance for Community Trees' tree planting projects with local partners. Commitment to the urban revitalization mission, familiarity with national association/non-profit practice, and enthusiasm for working in a nonprofit which is expanding are essential. The Program Coordinator will be energetic and outgoing with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Familiarity with and appreciation for grassroots community engagement will position the Program Coordinator for success.
The Program Coordinator's duties include partner project development and fulfillment, as well as National NeighborWoodsTM Month campaign coordination, grants management, electronic communications and other duties as assigned. Some travel is required.
1) Partner Projects: The coordinator will plan and execute ACTrees' local tree planting projects with corporate sponsors and local member organizations. Duties include facilitating communication among project partners, fulfilling expectations of sponsors and members, setting budgets and schedules, ensuring completion of project benchmarks, some travel to events, reporting on outcomes, and completing payments. Building strong relationships with members, partners, and sponsors will be critical to success.
2) NeighborWoodsTM Month: The coordinator will assist staff with the annual National NeighborWoodsTM Month campaign for trees in communities. Duties include outreach to participants, distribution of collateral materials, maintaining registration and event databases, and promotion through social media and electronic communications.
1) Grant Management: The coordinator will assist with administration of ACTrees grants to member organizations. Duties may include coordinating grant award process, soliciting proposals, tracking grant funds, and final reporting.
2) Communications: The coordinator will program and promote the ACTrees Webcast Series and related resources, and assist colleagues with development of content for and production of ACTrees electronic and print publications, including e-newsletters and social media.
3) Other duties may include tracking and creating content for the ACTrees website, coordinating annual national awards, providing member services, conference coordination, and assistance with events such as our Annual Meeting, Policy Summit, trainings seminars, and more.
• Bachelor's degree required
• At least one year of related experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
• Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite and general Internet skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment and take initiative
• Ability to establish professional relations with other departments and personnel, as well as many outside contacts including corporate sponsors
• Affinity with the mission of ACTrees and the goal of community revitalization through green infrastructure
• Experience with project management, especially in the nonprofit or environmental fields
• Ability to set and adhere to schedules while working with diverse constituents and partners
• Technology skills including web savviness, general system maintenance, social media, Adobe Creative Suite and HTML knowledge
• Familiarity with national association/non-profit practice
• Energetic, entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for working in a growing start-up environment
SALARY RANGE: Starting at $30,000 and commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Program Director
Submit cover letter and resume to Programs@ACTrees.org. No phone calls, please. Enter "Program Coordinator" in the subject line of the email.
Applications are due by 5:00pm Eastern on Friday, August 26, 2011.
Alliance for Community Trees is an Equal Opportunity Employer