Do you want to share your love for the outdoors, and your passion for service, with others?
The Outfitting Staff of Zion Adventure Company forms the backbone of our small business operations. Hundreds of hikers, climbers, canyoneers, and general Zion National Park visitors stop by each day seeking assistance in making the most of their time in Zion. It is our job, as an information source, to help them leave with an empowering sense of direction. Our Outfitters are experts at helping visitors find the right equipment and information to feel comfortable and knowledgeable in their adventures. Whether preparing visitors to hike the Zion Narrows, informing intrigued questioners about our guided trips, or maintaining the vast amounts of equipment we send out each day, Outfitters perform the crucial tasks that help people make their Zion dreams come true.
We cannot itemize all the jobs, missions, and tasks you may be involved with on any given day, but some of the jobs are:
• Outfitting customers for the Narrows
• Answering the phone
• Replying to e-mails
• Booking trips and shuttle reservations
• Gear check-in
• Cleaning and repairing gear
• Running the cash register
• Selling retail products in the store
• Managing inventory
• Facilitating meaningful, helpful, intelligent, and pleasant conversations with customers
We hire intelligent people who can solve problems quickly. We look for genuinely friendly people who represent our business well and treat our customers with great care and attention. Background in the outdoors is helpful, enabling you to be more capable and knowledgeable about Zion National Park, its hikes, canyons, and special places. If you are outgoing, a fast-learner, and willing to work hard for a team with a lofty goal in mind, we want to meet you. We can teach you many skills, but you must come to us with an excitement for learning and a readiness to absorb a great deal of knowledge.
This position requires a high level of responsibility and accountability. We strive to ensure all interactions with our customers are positive, fulfilling, and inspiring. We operate in a professional manner and we expect those working in our shop to do so as well.
We train people for this position, but we expect them to learn quickly. This is a fast-paced business and can be demanding. Those who can demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, communicate well via phone and email, remember many important details, and remain organized will succeed in this position.
• A passion for service
• Ability to work March through November, or a 3-month minimum
• At least 18 years of age
• Computer literacy - familiarity with Word, Excel, and e-mail programs; comfortable with computers as productivity tools. ZAC works with Macintosh computers – familiarity with Macintosh is quite helpful.
• Compensation: Commensurate with skills, experience, and commitment. Employees earn hourly rates and may be eligible for commission earnings, according to performance.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• A willingness to learn and teach
• Strong spoken and written communication skills
• An outstanding work ethic
• An ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• A commitment to serving others
• A strong attention to detail
• An engaging personality: outgoing - enjoys working with others
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Enjoys creating order in chaotic environments
• Ability to work and stay on task with minimal supervision
• Ability to apply problem-solving skills
• A truly astounding clientele, from all ages, places, and walks of life
• Live within the towering walls of Zion National Park
• Pro-purchase opportunities from most outdoor equipment manufacturers
• Opportunities to create and increase your own income
• Work with an incredible team dedicated to a high quality of life and excellence in all we do
• Free tuition for all ZAC trips and courses
• Continuing education and tuition reimbursement plans
Application Deadline: January 31st for positions beginning March 1st and after. Applications received before January 31st will be given highest priority, but please feel free to apply after that date, as well.
CONTACT: Shelley Buckingham, Outfitting Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org More information: www.zionadventures.com