Do the padded walls of your cubicle feel like they are closing in?
Are you dreaming of wilderness adventure right now?
Then we have the job for you.
Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail in the Western United States. You don’t need to daydream any more – you can have an outdoor lifestyle and a rewarding full time professional career too. Work for the Pacific Crest Trail Association! The PCTA is now accepting resumes for a Southern California Regional Representative.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
* Work with a wide variety of agency partners and volunteer organizations to protect and enhance the Pacific Crest Trail experience for generations to come.
* Facilitate and support the growth and effectiveness of volunteer trail workers and leaders throughout the region.
* Spend time outdoors and on the trail.
The Regional Representative is a key full time staff position based in the Southern California Region. Annual Salary is $34,000 - $38,000, depending on qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, a contribution to a 401k plan, 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
We are seeking applicants with:
* A bachelor’s degree in natural resource, recreation, planning or related field
* Minimum two years relevant work experience
* Trail design, construction and maintenance skills
* Proven experience in working with and as a volunteer
* Experience with public land managing agencies and volunteer organizations
* Strong organization, writing and speaking skills
* Self-motivated professional performance
* Knowledge and experience of the PCT and/or the national trails system
* Ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of partners
for more info and instructions on how to apply.