The Association of State and Interstate Water Pollution Control Administrators (ASIWPCA) is seeking a Spring 2011 Environmental Policy Intern for 10-15 hours per week. The Intern is a vital member of our team and will be supervised by ASIWPCA’s Graduate Environmental Policy Fellow. The Intern also will work with the Executive Director and General Counsel. The Intern should be a candidate for a bachelor’s degree and have an interest in non-profit organizations and environmental policy. The Intern should possess strong organization, technical (web and database skills), and communication skills.
Generally, the Intern will have the following responsibilities:
• Working with ASIWPCA staff to prepare communications to state water officials on issues of concern and new developments
• Researching legislative and regulatory developments
• Updating ASIWPCA membership databases and website
• Assisting with preparation for, and attending, the ASIWPCA Mid-Year Meeting in Alexandria, Virginia (March 6-8, 2011)
• Other projects and duties as assigned
ASIWPCA is a small organization of five staff, with three located in the National Office south of DuPont Circle. The Intern is expected to have a cooperative spirit, to be self-reliant, and to assist in a variety of ways. This is an unpaid position beginning in January and continuing until May. ASIWPCA will provide transportation costs for the Intern (metro, bus fare).
Interested candidates should contact Susan Kirsch, Graduate Environmental Policy Fellow, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (202) 756-0600. Candidates should visit ASIWPCA’s website at www.aswipca.org for more information about the organization.