Program Manger: Lori Gaido Project Dates: Feb 2010 - Dec 2010 Email Address: email@example.com
Sustainable County Fellow
- Followed up with several park managers after recycling bins were received.
- Met with County Recycling Coordinator about the recycling status at County buildings and parks. Set up a plan to meet with facility managers to determine what additional steps need to be taken to facilitate recycling in each individual building.
- Began drafting a recycling protocol for special events held in County parks.
- Reviewed, updated and organized grants spreadsheet, adding information and updating opening and deadline dates.
- Continued communication with GreenNurture staff to troubleshoot issues and make suggestions about its website.
- Responded to additional County employees who expressed interest in being part of GreenNurture and added these additional contacts to the system.
- Monitored GreenNurture message boards.
- Organized a report format for GreenNurture posts into an excel sheet
- Met with GreenNurture staff via conference call to discuss software glitches, current levels of County participation, and how to increase participation.
- Drafted letter to all those who had pending invitations from GreenNurture to encourage them to sign up.
- Discussed with the County internal Green Action Team a method of determining the best eco-actions suggested on GreenNurture.
LEED for Existing Buildings
- Researched Energy Star portfolio manager categories to determine how Allegheny County properties could fit into these categories.
- Updated County-owned building spreadsheet to include square footage and ages of buildings.
- Attended data input and report creation training sessions.
- Attended weekly update meetings.
- Used training module to become familiar with Utility Manager software before the launch of live version.
- Generated reports to double-check that previous data used to populate tool was added correctly and completely.
- Reviewed possible errors in data input process with administrative services.
- Reviewed individual Parks, Public Works, Kanes and Shuman accounts to check for missing or incomplete data.
- Organized hardcopies of 2008, 2009, 2010 bills that need additional data added to Utility manager accounts in preparation for software launch.
South Park Redevelopment
- Attended weekly check-in meetings with the Parks Department, Parks Foundation, and County Consultants.
- Compiled a mailing list with contact information for the project team and interested citizens.
- Attended project kick-off meeting with the project team at South Park Fairgrounds.
- Participated in the initial public input meeting about fairgrounds redevelopment at South Park.
- Attended Green Action Team meetings and took notes.
- Attended Pittsburgh Climate Initiative meetings.
ALCOSAN webinar: Green Infrastructure - What's Legal?
Rachel Carson Conference – Challenging Marcellus Shale