It has been brought to our attention that SCA interns have been experiencing problems using their Chase e-Funds cards, particularly at gas pumps and resturants. We've been working diligently with JP Morgan Chase to resolve this issue.
If you experience any problems using your Chase e-Funds card, contact your SCA Program Representative. Please have the following information handy:
1. What state/town were you in when you attempted to use the e-Funds card?
2. What type of store?
3. What was the store's name?
4. Were you attempting to pay for gas? At the pump or in the store?
5. What time of day were you trying to use your card?
6. What type of error did you get? (i.e. invalid number, declined, insufficient fund)
7. Were you using credit or debit? (Did you try both?)
8. What was the dollar amount of the transaction at the time of error?
9. Did you ask for your card number to be entered manually? (Did this work or not?)
Paying at the pump may result in a decline. Instead, go inside, pay the attendant a specific amount before you pump, and sign the receipt.
When paying a restaurant tab, keep in mind that you may need to have enough in your account for the dining bill and a 15-20% tip for the transaction to be approved. You may also use an ATM prior to dining out and pay with cash.
For more information, please click here.