Conservation Begins Here
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), a national force of conservation volunteers is seeking experienced, quality oriented outdoor leaders to lead teams of corps members to complete various conservation projects in partnership with federal land management agencies across the US. The project focus areas are the following:
- Fire Monitoring, Fire Management, Fire Education
- Trail building, Trail Mapping
- Visitor Use Surveys
- Invasive Species Control, Botany
- Habitat Restoration
Each team consists of 1 Project Leader and 4-6 corps members. Project lengths vary from 3- 8 months. To review the details of speciﬁc positions available please go to www.thesca.org/leaders.
- Lead and manage work outcomes and crew dynamics
- Facilitate team operations: food planning/purchasing, tools & equipment, vehicles, housing arrangements
- Actively manage project/member risk to maintain a safe work environment
- Assist in the technical skills training of corps members
- Manage the quality & technique of work performed
- Promote leadership development within team and evaluate success & potential
- Manage relationship with agency partner
- Work collaboratively with agency on program logistics
- Ensure successful and timely completion of work project
- Communicate with SCA ﬁeld support staff as required
- Complete required program reporting and documentation
- Manage budget and necessary purchasing for crew and project
- Ensure compliance with all SCA Risk Management policies & procedures
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum 2 years prior experience supervising young adults in an outdoor setting
- Current Wilderness First Responder or Aid/CPR certiﬁcation
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to hike up to 4 miles per day/ 8 hours per day on varied terrain.
- Ability to work and live in the outdoors exposed to the elements for extended periods of time
Program Dates: Start Dates are rolling. Project Leader end dates vary by position.
Compensation: Salary $530-$560 per week, paid biweekly with some seasonal beneﬁts possible.
To apply: Visit MySCA to Login or Sign-up. Create a proﬁle, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position of interest listed so we may review your application.
SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to workforce diversity.