Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 9:00am
SCA’s Washington, DC Earth Day Event
Get Your Hands Dirty!
Saturday, April 20th
Join the Student Conservation Association (SCA), the National Capital Parks-East – National Park Service, for a day of fun projects at Fort Dupont Park.
- When: April 20, 2013
- Check-in: 9:00 am -10:00 am
- Service Project: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Lunch will be provided after the project (approx. 2:00 -3:00 pm)
- Where: Fort Dupont Park. We will be meeting at the Activity Center.
- What: A day of hands on opportunities to serve the earth. We will do general trail maintenance, trash pick-up, invasive plant removal, and we’ll be working in the Fort Dupont Community Garden.
- Who: SCA alumni, SCA supporters, community members, SCA staff, National Capital Parks-East – National Park Service
- Why: To celebrate our Earth, work together to beautify our community, get youth and community members involved.
- REGISTER: Sign up here!
- Questions: Email us at email@example.com.
- We will be working on a variety of projects around the park. Something for everyone!
- Bring water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, rain gear, long pants, close toed shoes.
- Each participant will receive a complimentary t-shirt.
- Volunteers age 18 and over: To participate in this event we need you to sign a Participant Agreement Form (download below). It will help with registration the morning of the event, if you can review and sign the forms prior to arrival. Please take a moment to print and ﬁll out the form.
- Volunteers under age 18: You must bring the Participant Agreement Form, completed by a parent or guardian, to the event (download below). If your parent/guardian accompanies you to the event, you may complete the forms at the work site.) Unaccompanied minors without a completed and signed form will not be permitted to participate in any activities.
- Directions: Please consider public transportation. SCA will have a van shuttling participants back and forth from Minnesota Avenue Metro Station (Orange Line) to the park from 9:00 am - 10:00 am and after the project ends. We’ll be meeting people at the Metro’s “Park and Ride” terminal located on Minnesota Ave., north of Grant St., NE. There will be SCA staff waiting at the exit of the metro to guide volunteers who may need a ride from Metro Station to the park. It’s about a 15 minute journey round trip from the Metro to the Park.
- Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org