Top Ten Reasons to Work at SCA
- We make a difference. For more than 50 years, SCA has been connecting young people to nature through hands-on service. While others talk, SCA puts conservation into action.
- We’re focused on the future. Climate change, endangered species, green careers: SCA builds new generations of conservation leaders today to ensure a healthier environment tomorrow.
- We’re green pioneers. SCA got started before the Wilderness Act, the EPA, or Silent Spring. We continue to grow even greener – in our beliefs, policies, and practices.
- We like to have fun. You can work hard and accomplish much while laughing and enjoying yourself. Otherwise, why do it?
- We care. About our mission and about our people. We offer a supportive culture and variety of beneﬁts that help people meet their varying needs.
- We are ﬂexible. SCA knows we don’t all ﬁt in the same box, hence there are few set “working schedules.” We believe in ﬂexibility to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs.
- We believe in service. Whether through coaching a soccer team, volunteering at a local shelter, or working in a community garden, we encourage staff to give back in a way that is meaningful to them, and we provide time to do so.
- We offer growth opportunities. In addition to internal promotion, we also encourage input and participation in organization-wide groups to continually strengthen and enhance staff experience and skills.
- We appreciate you. We know that recognition is a great motivator if done sincerely and we strive to recognize the big accomplishments and the small wins that keep us moving forward as an organization.
- We are a unique bunch. We are as diverse as the environment we serve. It makes for interesting conversation, varying perspectives, and a richness of culture.
Looking for Field Leader positions? See our listings here
Find other opportunities posted on our Green Jobs board at Conservation-Nation.org.